Tuesday, January 2, 2007

Momentum

Well, another weekend and another holiday season are behind me. All things considered, I think it was a fairly productive weekend, and a few interesting things happened.

Friday morning, I took my wedding ring off. It's strange - after more than 7 years I seem to have a permanent groove in my finger. I've always been the type of guy who never takes off his wedding band -- I even wore it in the shower and while SCUBA diving. My basic philosophy was that no matter what I was doing I was married, so I would always keep the ring on.

Initially, my wife didn't notice that I wasn't wearing it anymore. Then on Sunday, she saw it sitting on my desk and asked what it was about. She seemed a little troubled, and said she wanted to think about it. The next time I saw her, she had taken hers off too. I don't think either one of us is sure how we feel about it.

No comments: