Monday, January 15, 2007

The Male Psyche

My wife is coming over late tonight to pick up a few things, and drop off some others. The kids will be in bed when she does. In thinking about this, I'm realizing some interesting things about my current emotional needs.

Plainly put, right now, I would rather have a kiss from my wife, than sex from some other woman. That may sound like a strange statement to make, but it's a strange way to feel.

In cases of infidelity, they say that men cheat from the scrotum, and women cheat from the heart. What this means is that generally men step out to satisfy sexual cravings, whereas women give in to sex as way to meet some unfulfilled emotional need. How odd that I find myself on the more feminine side of this human behavior in that I crave emotional contact rather than physical.

It seems that right now my emotional needs are so strong they overpower even my primal lust. Take that, Freud!

2 comments:

Dream Reader said...

That's great that you can be so honest with your feelings. It's also very romantic that you feel that way. The intimacy is so important. Did you realize this while you were still with your wife or is this a new thing? So often you "MEN" (no offense)can't decifer between sex and intimacy. Then there are those like my husband who don't seem to require either one, so what do I know???

Wounded Heart said...

I really don't know how to answer whether or not I expressed my feelings of intimacy during my marriage. I'd like to think that I did, but that's really something my wife would have to answer.